- WhatsApp users in India have been receiving unwanted international calls.
- WhatsApp is testing a feature that allows you to silence calls from unknown numbers in the application.
- Below we explain how you can silence calls from unknown numbers on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in India and has more than 500 million users. In addition to chats, the app offers access to voice and video calls.
Voice calling is a great feature that allows users to connect with people around the world, without having to pay anything. However, people are now misusing this feature to scam Indians.
In recent weeks, there has been a significant increase in Indian WhatsApp users receiving unwanted calls from international numbers. The Indian government is even sending a warning to WhatsApp for reports of unwanted international calls.
Although WhatsApp has said that it is labor To solve the problem, you may only be able to stop about 50% of unwanted calls.
Currently, there is no way to prevent spammers from calling you on WhatsApp. However, you can silence all calls from unknown numbers.
How to silence unknown calls on WhatsApp
WhatsApp is currently testing a feature that allows users to silence unknown calls. The feature is currently available to select beta users and is expected to roll out soon.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone and click on the three-dot menu.
- Now, click on “Settings”.
- Then, click “Privacy” and click “Calls.”
- Now, enable the option to silence unknown calls on WhatsApp.
Please note that this will silence all unknown calls and you may miss important calls if you have not saved the caller’s number. Additionally, this will still allow spammers to call you, but you won’t receive a notification when they do.