PHILADELPHIA –City agencies continue to work with PennDOT, SEPTA and many other state partners to respond to the partial collapse of I-95 due to a vehicle fire.
Yesterday, Mayor Jim Kenney joined Governor Shapiro and state officials to provide an update on the coordinated response between the City, Commonwealth, and state and federal partners.
Below are additional updates on the street closures announced by the Philadelphia Police Department for Monday, June 12. Ongoing information about city services and operations is available at the City blog post in English and Spanish.
Philadelphia Police Detour and Closure Information Along I-95
Philadelphia Police will implement the following closures and detours if traveling on I-95 in the area of the Cottman Avenue exit. Police will be located along the detour route.
Access to local businesses and deliveries will be provided. If business owners have any questions or issues, they can contact the Office of Business Services at 215-683-2100 or email@example.com.
Expect delays along the detour and note that they are subject to change.
- Castor Avenue entrance ramp (for northbound I-95)
- Aramingo Avenue/I-95 entrance and exit ramps
- Northbound I-95 entrance ramp closed
- Betsy Ross off-ramp to I-95 northbound closed
- Bridge Street Ramp
- Bridge Street I-95 on-ramp closed
- All traffic on Tacony Street will flow north only from Bridge Street to New State Road.
- Tacony Street and Tacony-Palmyra Bridge
- Traffic from the Tacony Palmyra Bridge to Tacony Street is closed
- All traffic continues westbound to Levick Street.
- Cottman Avenue exit and State Road closures
- State Road from Cottman Avenue to Longshore Avenue will be one-way and travel southbound only.
- I-95 Southbound Detour
- Exit I-95 southbound at Cottman Avenue
- At the end of the ramp, right on Bleigh Street.
- Follow Bleigh to State Road, turn left onto State Road.
- Travel on State Road South to Longshore Avenue
- Re-enter I-95 southbound at State Road and Longshore Avenue.
- Northbound I-95 Detour
- Exit I-95 at Aramingo Avenue
- At the end of the ramp, turn left onto Aramingo Avenue.
- Follow Aramingo Avenue to Tacony Street
- Turn right onto Tacony Street
- Take Tacony Street north around the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge loop to New State Road. Continue north
- Continue on New State Road to Milnor Street and re-enter I-95 northbound.
Below are updates and additional resources for travelers provided by state agencies.
PennDOT Closures and Detours
- I-95 southbound: Route 63 west (Woodhaven Road), US 1 south, 76 east, 676 east
- Northbound I-95: I-676 west, I-76 west, US 1 north to Route 63 east (Woodhaven Road)
Travelers should expect delays and plan alternative travel routes, especially when planning their midweek travel. Closures may change as the response continues. Visit pa.gov/i95updates for continuous updates.
SEPTA Travel Options
To facilitate travel across the city and region following the collapse of I-95, SEPTA will provide additional service on the Trenton Line and additional capacity on the West Trenton and Fox Chase Lines. Additional information is available in this SEPTA Press Release. Residents can check online at SEPTA.org and at Twitter @SEPTA for updates and schedules.
PPA courtesy parking
The PPA provides complimentary parking due to the current closure of I-95; Complimentary parking will be available in the following Philadelphia SEPTA Train Station parking lots operated by the PPA until further notice:
- Fern Rock Train Station Lot – 10th and Nedro Streets
- Fox Chase Train Station Lot – 500 Rhawn Street
- Torresdale Train Station Lot – 4900 Grant Avenue